85 Huddersfield Road, Stalybridge SK15 2PT

Telephone: 0161 303 7200

Sorry, we're currently closed. Please call NHS 111 or for minor ailments please visit a local pharmacy.

Summary Care Record and GM Care Record

Summary Care Record

There is a National NHS Computer System called the Summary Care Record (SCR). It is an electronic record which contains information about the medicines you take, allergies you suffer from and any bad reactions to medicines you have had.

Why do I need a Summary Care Record?

Storing information in one place makes it easier for healthcare staff to treat you in an emergency, or when your GP practice is closed.

This information could make a difference to how a doctor decides to care for you, for example which medicines they choose to prescribe for you.

Who can see it?

Only healthcare staff involved in your care can see your Summary Care Record.

How do I know if I have one?

Over half of the population of England now have a Summary Care Record. You can find out whether Summary Care Records have come to your area by looking at our interactive map or by asking your GP

Do I have to have one?

No, it is not compulsory. If you choose to opt out of the scheme, then you will need to complete a form and bring it along to the surgery. Follow the link at the bottom of this page to access the opt out form.

For further information visit the NHS Care records website

The Greater Manchester Care Record

The Greater Manchester Care Record is a more detailed digital resource for the 2.8m people who live in Greater Manchester,including Tameside. It is used to help improve health and care services and save lives.

It brings together your information from NHS and care services across all 10 Greater Manchester boroughs into one joined up record, so that your information can be accessed by frontline health and care workers, wherever you receive your care.

For more information click here.

Opting out

If you want to find out more about opting out of sharing your records (Summary Care record and GM care Record) please click here.